The very first time I tried redscale (by loading a roll of Kodak Gold 400 upside down in a Holga) I got it very wrong; to black out the red window instead of using black pvc tape I used a white cloth tape, leading to major light leaks. I forgot to setup a system for counting how many clicks to know how if the film had far enough for the next shot. So when I got my film back I was presented with just 6 abstract images, which I was disappointed with at first because I had gotten the process wrong. Now, I don’t think I could replicate this if I tried. I love these accidental photos.
In Simpsons terms, I pulled a Homer.